Being sustainable CAN help your bottom line and you are doing good at the same time. Save money and boost your brand story with these 5 tips.
1. Use found objects, items in the donation pile, packing materials, etc. in your window and in-store displays. You can even move them around and use them in different ways over several display cycles.
2. Bring in some positive energy with some live plants. Strategically placed, these can help draw your customers through your store. Make sure you are up for the commitment. Nothing says "I don't care" more than dying or dead plants.
3. Leverage natural light wherever possible and invest in LED bulbs for the rest. LEDs are more expensive up front, but they last a long time. For further savings install motion sensors on lights that turn on and off in your offices, store rooms and warehouse. Consider adding programmable thermostats to keep your space warm or cool as necessary.
4. Go paperless with email receipts. It's a great way to add new customers to your database and it helps to keep your brand top of mind. You can always add a special offer, coupon, or other incentive on the email only receipts.
5. Yes everyone is doing them, but a reusable branded shopping bag does save you money on bags and promotes your brand. Remember, a person will remember a brand after they have seen it 7 times. Get them out there and working for you. Consider offering a small incentive like a small percentage off, or a small donation to a charity to encourage use.
Tell everyone when you implement each of these. Good for the planet, loved by your customers and good for your bottom line. There's no downside. Implement today.
Anne Cecil, ONO made in the 191, firstname.lastname@example.org