It's time to expand your Facebook Video Strategy. Remember that the keys to building your audience is to be consistent and to deliver value in 1-2 minutes. Value is the most important factor for Facebook Algorithms, but daily videos that engage followers can also improve your reach.
So what should you do to deliver value? Here are some suggestions:
1. Share daily tips, tactics or advice. You are an expert. Consider the problems your audience is likely to have and offer quality solutions.
2. Share on Location videos. Are you at a show, event, etc.? Share news, updates and reports from your smartphone. Just shoot, upload and share. It allows your followers to be there.
3. Answer frequently asked questions via video. Think of questions you are asked all the time and reach a wide audience with the answer. Video allows for a very clear and direct answer with visuals if necessary.
4. Create 45-90 second explainer videos to attract attention and awareness and continue to position yourself as an expert. This is a great touch point path to conversion that helps to decrease time in the conversion cycle.
5. Create a video ad campaign. Make sure to include a direct call to action ("shop now", "learn more", "sign up"). Once they do, make sure what they get is relevant to the CTA. If you use "shop now", sell something. If you use "learn more" provide information. If you use "sign up" create a sign-up collector form for email, a contest, etc.
6.Use the Facebook Video tab to create playlists and featured video. Compiling related video together helps your audience have an in-depth, focused experience. When you feature a video make sure to add a headline, text with links and a running comment stream.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Facebook measures a video as "watched" after 3 seconds. For comparison, YouTube uses 30 seconds. There is no right or wrong, but when you analyze your Facebook video campaigns make sure you understand your numbers are based on a 3 second minimum watch.
Written by Anne Cecil, founder of ONO-Made in the 191. Anne has over 30 years professional experience in retail merchandising & management, product design, coaching, public speaking & consulting. Her posts focus on helping retailing maximize profits, floor space & creating impactful merchandising.